A Day With Champion SuperSport Commentator Phumudzo Manenzhe
Hosting a sports show on one of South Africa’s most prominent sporting TV channels requires a balance between hard work, passion for the game, and killer style! In collaboration with top notch commentator Phumudzo Manenzhe, John Craig has officially launched ‘Diary Of A Gentleman’ in a truly sophisticated manner by a truly sophisticated, style savvy gentleman.
“I love fashion and sport because I love life, and life has a little bit of both in it.” – Unknown.
It’s not every day you get to meet one of South Africa’s boldest sports commentators. And it’s most certainly not every day you get to witness what goes into styling a look that earns accolades by this World Class presenter! We are impressed, just as we know you will be too. Watch what it takes to dress the gentleman look that ties in perfectly with the sports commentators role and a day in his work life!
Diary Of A Gentleman – Style by Phumudzo
The stylish and sophisticated Phumudzo was gracious enough to visit our John Craig store in South Gate to show us just how we would put together his look in our new series, Diary Of A Gentleman. His knowledge and dress sense were effortless when he presented to us, and you, his ensemble and just how he dresses for his show, being the icon, he is both on and off the set!
Look 1 – Day at the SuperSport Studio
Classic and sophisticated was the name of the game with this ‘Diary Of A Gentleman’ mission. The Polo Bradley Travel Suit in black is perfect for men and adorned the athletic frame of Phumudzo. The suit lends an air of classic sophistication to an already uber stylish gentleman. The Polo Bradley Travel Suit is custom fitted, button cuffed, with functional flap pockets, and is available in both Navy and Black.
The Pierre Cardin Lace Up Men’s Sneaker in white gum perfectly sets off the dark Polo Bradley Travel suit and gives the outfit a casually elegant look while emphasising a touch of modern flair. This casual leather sneaker is clean, simple, and comfortable, it’s silhouette lends itself to many styles and occasions.
Looking like a gentleman is easy with John Craig and Phumudzo. If you love this look presented in our first episode of “Diary Of A Gentleman” then get to John Craig and score on all style fronts with this curated look. It’s suitable for any semi-formal event, work or occasion that calls for style. Don’t forget to follow us on social media to see what Phumudzo dresses for next. John Craig carries the latest in semi-formal fashion and branded fashion, ensuring you always turn up at your best!
Look 2 – The Business Meeting Look
Dressing to impress is easy when style is part of who you are. Because John Craig understands this, we have our very own style icon who is more than happy to share his look for the week.
Dressing the part of a style icon before entering the boardroom for a meeting is not only attainable but completely necessary. You are, after all, required not just to look the part but to embody the role of a showstopping, fashion-daring businessman!
The Presidents Club Check Shirt for Men in navy stone, paired with the Polo Alexander Stretch Men’s Chino in black, finished off with the Florsheim Dash Wing Brogue Lace Sneaker for Men in Cognac, is the perfect business meeting outfit. Set the office floor abuzz with sophisticated style by John Craig with this look for your next business meeting!
Visit a John Craig store near you and get the latest Diary Of A Gentleman Look!
Competition Time. Stand a chance to win a John Craig shopping voucher valued at R2500 in our Diary Of A Gentleman Competition. It will run concurrently to each episode for a period of 4 weeks, giving you 4 chances to with shopping vouchers. Ts and Cs apply!
Look 3 – Braai Day – A Look That Sizzles!
Never mind Netflix and chill. The time has come to step out and braai. Nothing beats a braai day amongst friends, not even a good ol’ Netflix series. In this episode of ‘Diary Of A Gentleman’ with Phumudzo, we’ll show you how to rock a braai day look in style!
Set the atmosfire with the Muratti Blade Tapered Fit Jeans for men in dark grey. Not only are these jeans easy to style, but they are also classically comfortable and modernly fashionable!
Style your Murrati jeans with a stylish jacket from the Roberto Vino line available at John Craig and keep those embers burning long after the braai has ended.
You cannot go wrong with the Le Coq Sportif Provencale 2 Lo Pu Sneaker for men in optical white old silver. This is the ultimate casual sneaker and perfect for a braai day amongst friends!
Look 4 – Day at the golf course
While many people enjoy playing a great game of golf, capturing the perfect golf day look is probably just as enjoyable, proving that all is indeed fair in love and golf!
Get yourself golf day ready with the Murrati Plain Chino Shorts for men in Indigo, paired with the Gant Contrast Collar Pique SS Rugger for men in bright red, finished off with the Polo Classic Leather Sneaker for men in navy, and the Polo 6 Panel Monogram Peak Cap in the same shade to complete your golf day look.
Looking like a whole ‘hole-in-one’ with John Craig and Phumudzo for your next golf day will have fellow golfers asking, “what’s your handicap, mate?” while your caddie does his best to ward off adoring golfing fans!
Until the next look, stay stylish and continue to be the best man you can be with sophisticated style from John Craig!
We want to hear from you. This is your opportunity to show us your take on style and dressing the part.
How To Enter
- Post a photo of your interpretation of the look – i.e. what would you wear if you were a presenter on SuperSport
- So we can see your post and for you to qualify for the prize, tag John Craig and use the #diaryofagentleman and @thebold_27 (Phumudzo also wants to see!).
- The competition closes on Wednesday each week (4 weeks beginning 1 September 2022).
- The weekly winner will win a R2500 shopping voucher to spend at a selected John Craig store valid for 3 months.
- You can post as many looks as you want, don’t delay.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition opens Thursday, 01 September 2022, with the first cycle ending Wednesday, 07 September 2022 – The competition will run weekly over a period of 5 weeks, ending on 28 September 2022.
- 1 Winner will be randomly selected each week and announced each Wednesday until the competition closes.
- To qualify, the entrant must post a photo of their interpretation of the look and tag John Craig and use the #diaryofagentleman and @thebold_27.
- Only persons over the age of 18 may enter the competition.
- Entrants must be a South African resident in order to redeem their voucher at a pre-determined John Craig store.
- The vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change is given on the date of redemption.
- The person submitting the post utilising the hashtag is deemed to be the entrant to the competition and therefore deemed to be the prize winner should their entry be selected.
- By entering this promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules and terms and conditions.
- Unlimited entries are permitted.
- The Winner will be contacted by direct message on the social platform entered on to finalise store preference collection details of their prize.
- Once the winner is announced, the decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- The prize Winner is to present their ID, driver’s license or passport when redeeming their prize at the designated store.
- The competition is not open to employees or their families of John Craig or the Studio 88 Group of Companies.
- John Craig and the Studio 88 Group of Companies reserve the right to terminate, alter or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- John Craig and the Studio 88 Group of Companies do not accept any responsibility for difficulties that may arise in the attempt to participate in this competition.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms and Conditions, and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and you agree that you are submitting your entry to the owner of the said business page on Facebook and not to Facebook itself.