Diary of a Gentleman with Lucas Radebe – The Inauguration of A Soccer Legend!
John Craig’s Diary of a Gentleman is back, and boy, oh boy, do we have a legendary treat for you! In this Diary of a Gentleman instalment, we meet with one of South Africa’s most prolific soccer stars, Lucas Radebe! Join us as we get to know this soccer legend, businessman and iconic gentleman for an introduction of a lifetime!
“If fashion is a calling then a good sense of style deserves to be inaugurated.” – John Craig.
Without further ado, meet the soccer legend and our latest Diary of a Gentleman guest, Mr Lucas Radebe!
Lucas Radebe – Soccer Legend and Style Icon
Mr Lucas Valeriu Ntuba Radebe was born on April 12, 1969, to Emily and Johannes Radebe in the Diepkloof section of Soweto. He is a former professional footballer and functioned as a centre-back. His soccer career began when he started playing for Kaizer Chiefs, later transferring to Leeds United, where he played a total of 256 matches for the Yorkshire side, earning himself the nicknames “Rhoo’ and “The Chief.” Mr Radebe became captain of Leeds United and the South African national team, Bafana Bafana, most notably at the 2002 World Cup, with Nelson Mandela, former South African President, saying of the legendary captain Radebe, “this is my hero.” Besides Leeds United and Bafana Bafana, Mr Radebe also captained Kaizer Chiefs during his tenure there.
Today, the former captain is on the Confederation of African Football (CAF) technical and development committee. As of September 2022, he was named to the SAFA technical committee, with aspirations of one day becoming SAFA president! How’s that for an inauguration of a soccer legend? He also owns and operates the Lucas Radebe Management Company, collaborating with different brands in South Africa.
Besides legendary soccer-playing skills, this style icon also has a heart of gold and founded the ET Radebe Foundation in memory of his late mother. The foundation’s primary focus is critical development programs specially formulated to motivate, educate and transform communities!
Now that we’ve got you positively inspired, here’s what our star of the moment chose to drape himself in!
The Diary of a Gentleman Look 1 – Awards Evening or Inauguration
More than just playing soccer, this man can also dress to impress!
The Polo Suit
The Polo Bradley Travel Suit for Men in Navy epitomises priceless style and timeless fashion. Drape yourself in nothing but the best from John Craig!
The Polo Signature Shirt
The Polo Signature Men’s Shirt in Navy is a classic example of iconic style with a modern fashion twist!
The Lace Up Florsheim
The Florsheim Copenhagen Lace Up Shoe for Men in Brown perfectly complements the Navy ensemble and gives the look a clean and sophisticated finish!
How’s that for flawless style and iconic fashion? Do you have what it takes to enter the next Diary of a Gentleman instalment? We want to hear from you!
The Diary of a Gentleman Look 2 – The Lunch Date
Welcome back to the second instalment of John Craig’s Diary of a Gentleman. In this instalment, we’ll showcase our latest ‘Diary of a Gentleman’ look aptly titled “The Lunch Date.” So, gentlemen, get ready to dress to impress on your next lunch date with sophisticatedly stylish attire from John Craig.
“A gentleman focused on sophistication and style doesn’t follow trends, he creates them.” – John Craig.
Without further ado, here is our latest ‘Diary of a Gentleman’ Look.
The Blazing Blazer
Kickstart your lunch date with the sophisticated-looking Muratti Check Blazer for Men in Grey. This Checker Blazer is a must-have for the modern man with a classic and timeless silhouette and a cool but versatile colour scheme. The Muratti Check blazer is perfect for office wear, lunch dates, and evening attire.
The Not-So-Regular Gant White Shirt
Complement your ‘blazing blazer’ with the Gant Regular Broadcloth Shirt for Men in White. This regular-fit shirt is perfect for your next lunch date and features a Gant wordmark logo, a button-down collar, and the Gant logo embroidery on the chest.
The Dynamic Slim Fit Jeans
The Muratti Dynamic Slim Fit Jean for Men in Light Blue adds a functional and casual aesthetic to a sophisticatedly put-together outfit. These dynamic slim-fit jeans are crafted with cotton with stretch fibre for a comfortable fit.
The Awesome Florsheim
Complete your lunch date outfit with a Florsheim shoe from our incredible range of Florsheim footwear and turn heads almost as much as you turn tables!
And that, gentlemen, is how to dress for your next lunch date!
Diary of a Gentleman – Look 3 – Blom with the Gents
Preparing to meet up and ‘blom’ with the gents? We’ve got just the outfit to fit the occasion. Join John Craig’ for this instalment of Diary of a Gentleman as we showcase our latest look – aptly titled ‘Blom with the Gents.’
“Dress like the world is your runway and the sidewalk your stage.” – John Craig.
Bloming with the gents calls for tasteful clothing, great company and, most times, delicious food, and while we can’t choose what you eat or who you blom with, we can show you how to dress like the stylish gent you are! Here’s the latest outfit choice for our Diary of a Gentleman Look 3.
The Diary of a Gentleman Look 3 – Blom with the Gents
Look your ultimate best for your next hook-up with the gents with these stylish pieces from John Craig!
The Slim Fit Chino
The Muratti Slim Fit Chino for Men in Light Grey is a stylish addition to your aesthetic for day or night. These preppy chinos are a classic multi-tasking marvel and can be paired and matched with almost anything in your closet, be it formal or casual. These Murrati Slim Fit Chino pants are a must-have this season!
The Stylish Loafer
The Muratti Tassel Loafer for Men in Black complements your chino perfectly and is a great casual or formal shoe with slip-on functionality, built for comfort and made from smooth grain leather. This shoe will not let you down anytime soon!
The Versatile Shirt
The Polo Print Long Sleeve Shirt for Men in Navy makes a fashion-forward statement, causing you to stand out and is perfect for any occasion, from bloming with the gents to meeting professionals in a boardroom!
The Padded Jacket
We all know the saying, “One cannot predict the weather.” The Muratti Ugo Padded Jacket for Men in Black is for those unpredictable days or nights. The jacket is a stylish, classic, chick and perfect fit crafted from quality materials to keep you warm and looking good!
And that, gents, is how you go out and blom! Until next time, stay stylish, stay sophisticated!
Diary of a Gentleman – Look 4- Picnic with the Kids
Planning a picnic with the kids is stressful enough when considering everything you will need for the day to ensure it runs smoothly. Because we understand dads’ pressure to plan a once-in-a-lifetime picnic with their kids, we’ve put together the perfect outfit for a fun-filled family picnic day.
“An attitude of gratitude sweetens even the tiniest of moments, and a sense of style immortalizes it.” – John Craig.
Planning for a fun-filled day in the great outdoors with picnic baskets filled with goodies and treats is every dad’s forte, and while we know that he enjoys every minute of it, we’re here to lend some much-needed fashion support.
So, Dad, let’s get into outfitting you like the king of the jungle that your young cubs perceive you to be!
The Iconic White Casual Crew Neck T-Shirt
The Polo Men’s Crew Neck T-shirt in White sets the tone for your day in the great outdoors. This functional tee is simplistic, stylish, and perfect for a picnic with the kids. Pair this iconic white tee with Polo chino shorts, and you’re all picnic ready.
The Classic Polo Parker Peak Cap
Keep the sun at bay with the Polo Parker Classic Peak Cap in Navy. Get your Polo Parker Classic Peak Cap to add a casual touch to any outfit, available in various colours. Add the finishing touch to your outfit with a stylish piece of headwear.
The Functional Florsheim Shoe
Florsheim has been crafting timeless footwear for over 125 years and is considered among many who wear the brand to be more than just shoes. Shop your Florsheim shoe of choice to finish and complement your outfit!
Make the most of your next picnic date with the kids and show up in style, sophistication, and of course, with treats, lots and lots of treats!
How To Enter
- Post a photo of your interpretation of the look – i.e. what would you wear if you were going to a picnic with the kids
- So we can see your post, and for you to qualify for the prize, tag John Craig SA and use the #diaryofagentleman and @lucasradebe (Lucas also wants to see!).
- The competition runs from 19-27 April 2023.
- The winner will win a R2500 shopping voucher to spend at a selected John Craig store, valid for 3 months.
- You can post as many looks as you want, don’t delay.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition opens Wednesday, 19 April 2023, with ending Thursday, 20 April 2023
- 1 Winner will be randomly selected and announced on Friday, 21 April 2023.
- To qualify, the entrant must post a photo of their interpretation of the look and tag @JohnCraigSA and use the #diaryofagentleman and @lucasradebe.
- Only persons over the age of 18 may enter the competition.
- Entrants must be a South African residents in order to redeem their voucher at a pre-determined John Craig store.
- The vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change is given on the date of redemption.
- The person submitting the post utilising the hashtag is deemed to be the entrant to the competition and therefore deemed to be the prize winner should their entry be selected.
- By entering this promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules and terms and conditions.
- Unlimited entries are permitted.
- The Winner will be contacted by direct message on the social platform entered on to finalise store preference collection details of their prize.
- Once the winner is announced, the decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- The prize Winner is to present their ID, driver’s license or passport when redeeming their prize at the designated store.
- The competition is not open to employees or their families of John Craig or the Studio 88 Group of Companies.
- John Craig and the Studio 88 Group of Companies reserve the right to terminate, alter or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- John Craig and the Studio 88 Group of Companies do not accept any responsibility for difficulties that may arise in the attempt to participate in this competition.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms and Conditions, and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, and you agree that you are submitting your entry to the owner of the said business page on Facebook and not to Facebook itself.