Get the JC Look #5 – “The Explorer Man”
The Explorer Man is the go-to look for the active man – always on the go, and why not? If your life doesn’t stand still and you have places to go and things to do, then the Explorer Man look is for you. The look is a suitable mix that can be worn in the city and equally well in the outdoors. Ideal for weekends and downtime, it fuses comfort with style, exactly what you’d expect John Craig to deliver.
Urban living is not “couch potato living”, it’s activities and getting out of the house. This daytime look #5 defines laid-back style and we call it the Explorer Man. You might be heading out for the day in nature hiking, camping or simply soaking up some fresh air. Or as a city lover you might be exploring the local jaunts, shopping or doing some business around town. This look is versatile, easy to wear and a kind of understated statement. It’s about a functional utility that doesn’t compromise on style.
JC Look #5, the Explorer Man – breaking it down
You can achieve the JC Explorer Man look with the below suggested urban lifestyle essentials.
Muratti shirts deliver time and again. They are quality made and style that says it all. Working from the top to complete your look – go for a check shirt that echoes classic outdoor style. The multi-check shirt in brown is neutral enough to go with everything, but styled enough to be noticed. With warm shades of brown and autumn colours, it sets the seasonal tone. The multi-check shirt in navy features cool shades of blue and white, freshening up for a sharper look. The lumber check in navy features navy and orange for a more traditional check shirt, these colours are warm and friendly. Watch your skin tone, you don’t want to fade in the moment.
Wearing comfortable denim helps your movements and allows you to do what you need to do. You want functional and denim is an essential element to complete this look. Muratti jeans are a go-to for denim with the perfect fit – not too tight and not too baggy. These tapered jeans are designed for comfort. The fit is loose and forgiving at the waist, tapering down to a more fitted leg around the calf. This fit works well for all-day wear. We suggest you try the Dino tapered jeans and the Martin tapered jeans, both in classic indigo. Of course a man’s movement starts with his underwear, the Jockey 2-Pack woven boxer classic shorts in check will allow just that.
No outdoor look is complete without a pair of boots. These need to withstand every terrain, from city streets and malls to mountain trails. Cat boots are legendary and are known for their quality design and tough manufacturing materials. These three aspects presents footwear that looks good, and makes them durable and comfortable at the same time. The Cat Transform 2.0 boots in beige take the traditional Cat boot to the next level by having full-grain leather uppers, sturdy soles and breathable, comfortable linings. To be on the move, your feet need to be well kitted and ready to step up to the objective of movement at all times.
John Craig has everything you need to complete the Explorer Man look. Check out our series on the looks we have to offer, they are all there to keep you on top of your fashion game. To get your look find your nearest branch to shop in-store here.
Put Your Styling To The Test – Enter The #StyleTheWeejuns Competition
When it comes to classic styling that is totally timeless, G.H. Bass and Co Weejuns have it all. They are the perfect blend of comfort, durability and style. Personifying the American spirit of progress and ingenuity for close to one and a half centuries, G.H. Bass shoes have been worn for generations of up and coming men. Here in South Africa and at this time, you are invited to show us, and the world, just how you shape your G.H. Bass Weejuns into your symbol of self-expression. Let’s face it, leather never looked this good!
Visualize yourself strutting your style and seeing the reactions of passers-by and admirers. So, just how do you put your own twist on a classic, timeless shoe? Fashion is about reinvention, about rediscovery and experimentation. See it and claim it! Here is your opportunity to show your style, albeit a little gritty or adventurous. Enter a photograph or video of you – in your eye-catching, saucy, and limitless styling idea for the Weejuns. Show us them all and don’t forget to accessorise to complete your look.
How to Enter
To enter the “#StyleTheWeejuns” competition:
• Post a photo or video of your style guide, you can enter as many looks as you like
• Use the #StyleTheWeejuns when you post
• Tag @JohnCraigSA so we can see your entry and for you to qualify
The Details (T&C’s)
1. The “#StyleTheWeejuns” competition commences Thursday, 8 July 2021 at 8 am and is open to all South African citizens.
2. The competition is closed to any employees or their families of John Craig, the Studio 88 Group of Companies or G.H. Bass and Co. employees and their families.
3. Only persons over the age of 18 may enter the competition.
4. An entry constitutes the posting of a photograph or video on social media being Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the “#StyleTheWeejuns” and tagging @JohnCraigSA.
5. Entries will close on Sunday, 18 July at 12 pm.
6. The top 3 entries will be posted on the John Craig social media pages from Tuesday 20 July 2021.
7. The Voting for the best look will close Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 12 pm.
8. The style receiving the most combined votes / likes on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will be chosen as the winner.
9. The Winner will be announced on Monday, 26 July by 12am.
10. The Winner will receive a pair for G.H. Bass shoes, valued at R2 199.99 and R2 000.00 non-refundable shopping voucher.
11. The voucher can only be redeemed by the winner and is redeemable at a prearranged John Craig store.
12. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash, and no change is given at the time of redeeming.
13. The pair of G.H. Bass Weejun shoes is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
14. The Winner will be contacted by direct message on the social platform entered on to finalise store preference collection details of their prize.
15. Once the winner is announced, the decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
16. The prize winner is to present their ID, drivers’ license or passport when collecting their prize at the designated store.
17. Entrants must be resident in South Africa in order to redeem the voucher at a pre-determined John Craig store.
18. The person submitting the post utilising the hashtag “#StyleTheWeejuns” and tagging @JohnCraigSA is deemed to be the entrant to the competition and is therefore deemed to be the winner of the prize should their entry be selected.
19. The person submitting the entry utilising the hashtag to be the entrant to the competition accepts that his / her name will be published as a winner and thus authorises such an announcement.
20. The entrants details will not be shared with any third party and are purely for the purposes of entering this competition to create brand awareness and social engagement.
21. By entering in this promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules and terms and conditions.
22. Unlimited entries are permitted.
23. John Craig, the Studio 88 Group of Companies and G.H. Bass and Co. reserves the right to terminate, alter or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
24. John Craig, the Studio 88 Group of Companies and G.H. Bass and Co. does not accept any responsibility for difficulties that may arise in the attempt to participate in this competition.
25. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and you agree that you are submitting your entry to the owner of the said business page on Facebook and not to Facebook itself.
26. The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Get the JC Look #4 – the “Lockdown Dapper Man”
With upside-down being the new right-side-up in our world right now, the socialite that was in us is becoming an all too faded memory. The end result is that we have adapted to isolation and doing more activities at home – or are we? With socialising and the opportunities to dress up a thing of the past, the new norm when staying at home is to wear comfy clothing. Right now, our social life revolves around Google Meet, Zoom, Teams, FaceTime and WhatsApp video – it’s the only place you’ll be seen! And being seen means if you are in your comfortable lockdown attire, you still need to look good. And who says that you can’t be the life of the party, (or the call) even if it is a party for one.
Psychologists warn us about the adverse effect it has on us by not having a purpose or daily routine. We often see this when people retire and depression often sets in. Little or nothing is accomplished, even if there was a long list of to-do’s to begin with. Force yourself to create and stick to a daily routine Do this just as you would if you were going to work. Get up by 7am, shower, have your breakfast, brush your teeth and get dressed! Yes, get dressed for your day of to-do’s! By getting up whenever, staying in your jammies or old, torn, faded clothes each day, it has a negative effect on your mojo. To be on top of your game, be the man that gets up every morning, ensures he is well-groomed and looks his best no matter what. Let’s face it, you feel good when you look good – so get that routine going.
To get that casual but I’m on top of my game look going, John Craig has you covered with the JC Look #4 – the “Lockdown Dapper Man”.
The look is the perfect compromise between comfort with confidence. The “Lockdown Dapper Man” is about elevating your at home look whilst being cosy. It’s the outfit that’s pleasant without being peasant. The Sergio Tacchini tracksuit is the perfect answer to meet this objective. A tracksuit is that one piece that’s just as functional within the home, as it is outside of it. Treat yourself to an upgrade and get with the times. Get rid of that old tracksuit – you know, the one where you have to fade the background in your calls, and sit nice and close to the screen 😊 The Sergio tracksuit is something you want to show off, upgrade your slouch outfit to something more premium, and choose the brand that makes some of the best men’s designer tracksuits in the world. Nothing beats that luxurious on-skin feel of the Sergio Tacchini tracksuit.
Being limited, should not limit you, so whether the only outings you make are to the grocery store, walking to your front door to collect your Uber eats or just Netflix’ing, aim for comfort with style. Let’s celebrate cosy and comfort with style for virtual meetings, looking your best. Sergio Tacchini will be your wardrobe hero now and in the future, it’s design and fabrication is that good.
So when you next step out the house in a safe and secure manner, to finish off your look, pop on the most easy-to-wear, versatile and all-time-favourite pair of sneakers, Converse All Stars. It is the perfect sneaker to compliment your “Lockdown Dapper Look”.
Get the JC Look – the “Lockdown Dapper Man” at your nearest John Craig store today.
Sergio Tacchini Hooded Sweat Jacket Mens Navy
Sergio Tacchini Pintuck Track Pants Mens Navy
Sergio Tacchini Stripe Mens Golfer Navy
Converse All Star Canvas Sneaker Mens Navy
Do you like our style guides? Click here to view JC Look #1 – #3
Get the JC Look Series – Look #3 “The Smooth Man”
When we think of a “Smooth Man”, we think of someone who is distinguished, charming and has terrific all-round social skills. From head-to-toe, the Smooth Man walks the walk and talks the talk. So what does the Smooth Man wear to boost his demeanour further?
Tip: Always start with clothing that will match the personality. By doing that, the outfit would reflect his demeanour without a word being spoken. Select an outfit that says “I’m relaxed and confident in my skin”. We think the brand Sergio Tacchini ticks all the boxes. The relaxed but polished styling of the range adds to the gents demeanour giving him sway all day long. By wearing the Sergio Tacchini tracksuit, our JC Look #3, the Smooth Man need make no further effort to look the part.
Who knew that track pants, jogging bottoms, training pants or whatever you call them, would ever be an accepted outfit outside of your house or the gym! It’s a no-brainer, they look good, fit well, are incredibly comfortable, and have become, alongside jeans, very acceptable at a multitude of localities. To be real, you don’t have to be a sport or fitness fanatic to rock them.
The two-piece or tracksuit set can be worn as a statement piece, as Hollywood A-list celebrities have shown by wearing designer brand tracksuits to formal events and even as their wedding attire. Not only comfortable and warm but it looks good too, yip, it’s a win-win item of clothing.
So to pull off the “Smooth Man” look and achieve that swag, follow these tips and suggestions.
1. Go for a top brands or designer tracksuits – their objective is to make you look good.
2. Choose well-fitted tracksuit pants that are complimentary as against a baggy or saggy fit.
3. On warmer days, match your track pants with a golfer or t-shirt of the same brand.
4. Serious fashionistas can even pull-off wearing their joggers with a smart shirt.
5. Remember to colour co-ordinate, a lighter colour polo shirt with darker track pants smartens things up a bit.
6. Don’t forget a pair of shades and for the bold, wear a bucket hat.
7. Your sneakers are also important, we are huge fans of Converse to finish off your look.
8. To turn heads and make an entrance accessorise with some bold jewellery.
9. Oh, and don’t forget the walk and always, always give eye contact!
Checkout the Smooth Man outfit suggestion links here:
Sergio Tacchini Signature Golfer in Green
Sergio Tacchini Signature Track Pants in Green
Converse All Star Canvas Sneakers in White
You are now ready to hit the club, concert, party, festival or formal event and make your statement. Whatever your look, we have you covered at John Craig.
This Father’s Day, 20 June, why not spoil your Dad by winning him a Shopping Spree?
This Father’s Day, you have your chance to let Dad know that you care and are grateful for all he has done for you. It’s a special day set aside to honour the role of fatherhood and celebrate paternal bonds. We also acknowledge the importance and influence fathers have in society.
So whether your Dad is new to the game or has been around and earned the title of distinguished Father, John Craig is here to help you show your appreciation with our “Dad at His Best” Father’s Day competition.
It’s so simple, just tell us what your Dad’s favourite brand at John Craig Brand is. It’s that Brand he has always worn or always wanted to. Is he a fan of Crockett & Jones or is a Converse All Star kind of Dad? Does he prefer a Polo shirt or a Sergio Tacchini Golfer, or is he a Chino & Muratti shirt kind of guy? Check out the Brands we carry on the website, we have all and more of Dads favourites including Levi’s, Superga, Gant, Enrico Coveri, Dobbs, Cat, Brentwood and so much more.
Once you know the Brand he likes best, name it and use the #DadatHisBest on either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and stand a chance of winning one of two R5000 shopping vouchers.
So, get busy and let us know!
To enter and stand a chance of winning a R5000 shopping spree at John Craig for your Dad simply:
1 Name his best Brand
2 Include the #DadAtHisBest
3 Tag @JohnCraigSA
So don’t delay or miss out your chance to win one of two R5 000 shopping sprees at John Craig. Entries close 16 June 2021, winners will be announced on 17 June 2021 on the John Craig social media channels.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition starts Tuesday, 1 June 2021 and ends Wednesday, 16 June 2021.
- 2 Winners will be selected at random and announced on Thursday, 17 June 2021.
- The competition is closed to any employees or their families of John Craig or the Studio 88 Group of Companies.
- To qualify the entrant must name a brand that is available at John Craig and use both tags #DadAtHisBest and #JohnCraigSA in their post.
- The Winner will be contacted by direct message on the social platform entered on to finalise store preference collection details of their prize.
- Once the winner is announced, the decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- The prize Winners are to present their ID, drivers’ license or passport when collecting their prize at the designated store.
- The vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, no change is given.
- Only persons over the age of 18 may enter the competition.
- Entrants must be resident in South Africa in order to redeem the voucher at a pre-determined John Craig store.
- The person submitting the post utilising the hashtag is deemed to be the entrant to the competition and is therefore deemed to be the winner of the prize should their entry be selected.
- Unlimited entries are permitted.
- By entering in this promotion, all participants accept and agree to abide by these rules and terms and conditions.
- John Craig and the Studio 88 Group of Companies reserves the right to terminate, alter or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- John Craig and the Studio 88 Group of Companies does not accept any responsibility for difficulties that may arise in the attempt to participate in this competition.
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and you agree that you are submitting your entry to the owner of the said business page on Facebook and not to Facebook itself.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.